Even though the majority of birth deliveries take place in hospitals, for Hanna, it shouldn't be looked at as solely a medical procedure. In its essence, giving birth is a natural process. In this episode, Hanna Murray talks about medical and natural inductions, the Bishop's Score, and the due diligence that mothers need before giving birth. For Hanna, each pre-birth stage and phase can lead to a smoother delivery if soon-to-be-moms make it a habit to always ask questions about their options.
Learn more about induction in this episode of the Mamas in Training Podcast with Hanna Murray!
Natural and Medical Induction
Induction or Labor Induction is the process of stimulating contractions during pregnancy for the mother to achieve a vaginal birth before natural labor. Medical Induction can be due to a health concern for the mother or the child when it is recommended. However, because most soon-to-be-moms don't have knowledge about inductions, the little access to its concept can sometimes keep even the most basic understanding unknown. As a result, women are not made aware of their options. In this discussion with Hanna, we take a peek at the natural and medical ways of induction.
Hanna explained some of the the basic practices women can do that naturally help induction. One great way is sex. Having an orgasm is a process that mimics the natural contractions in actual labor. Prostaglandins are also present in semen. These are compounds that help soften the cervix. Reducing stress through meditation is also a straightforward practice to naturally induce. By meditating, you lower your adrenaline and allow more oxytocin to regulate your whole body. This can also be further developed by exercising and taking long and simple walks. Delivery is physical. For this process to progress more quickly, the body needs holistic ways to prime.
Listen to Hanna's discussion of medical and natural induction in this episode of the Mamas in Training Podcast!
About Hanna Murray:
Outline of the episode:
- [02:05] You can teach through Legos
- [04:07] Hanna: On working in a hospital and using a natural approach to helping women
- [06:20] The options for delivery that you need to map out
- [10:47] Natural and Medical Inductions – What are they & how can you prepare for them?
- [11:57] The ARRIVE Trial: First-time moms, inductions, and C-Sections
- [16:19] Induction is done differently depending on the policy
- [17:13] What is the Bishop's Score?
- [23:56] Set yourself up for a successful induction by researching ahead
- [27:58] The Many Natural Ways to Induce Labor
- [33:58] Induction is a process, and it can take a long time
How to Hand Express - Hand Expression of Breastmilk:
Bishop's Score - Is your cervix ready for induction?:
FOLLOW on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mamasintrainingpod/
WRITE a Review: https://www.mamasintraining.com/reviews/new/
JOIN our Facebook Community: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/mamasintraining