Time is such a HOT commodity and when we become mothers, time becomes even more precious and fleeting. Anna Dearmon Kornick is Your Time Management Coach as well as a mom of 2. She has been there and knows first hand how hard it can be to manage time as you become a mother or when you’re adding a second child. She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to managing time, especially when we talk about family life, self-care and our professional life. Today she goes through each of the five trimesters to give us a realistic idea of what we can expect and how we can manage our time throughout.
Learn specific tools from Anna that will allow you to feel more in control as your body and life changes through motherhood in this episode of the Mamas in Training Podcast!
TOOLS FOR EACH TRIMESTER
Anna gives us a wealth of information and tools to keep us grounded and present as we move into motherhood. There are so many points she touches on, that I wanted to present them highlighted here.
Below, you will find her recommendations for each trimester, so that you can get more focus and calm in your days.
First Trimester: Listen to Your Body
- Decide what matters most and spend your time only on those things
- Practice delegating and empowering
Second Trimester: Make Hay While The Sun Shines
- It’s time to get things done while you’re feeling better... errands, nesting, organizing, etc.
- Plan for maternity leave
Third Trimester: Begin Ramping Down & Plan/Prepare for Postpartum
- Use the tool of Time blocking to get actual work done
- Start Creating your Postpartum Plan, Check out Episode 104: How to Create a Postpartum Plan
Fourth Trimester: All Bets are Off the First 2 Weeks, Then Focus on Routines & Checklists
- Stay home, and resting in those first two weeks
- After first 2 weeks, get a day planner and schedule out roughly how you'd like to use your day (naps, etc. map it out) Maybe choose a Top 3 (or Top 1)
- Make a TA DA List of things you’ve accomplished
- Find an app to track sleep times and feedings such as the Sprout App
- Focus on routines and checklists (leaving the house checklist, bedtime checklist, etc.)
Fifth Trimester: Time Blocking
- Make a morning Must Do & Want to Do list for your mornings
- Schedule important times into your calendar like daily pumping, bedtime routine or other special times you don’t want to miss
Anna Dearmon Kornick is a Time Management Coach for Professionals and Entrepreneurs as well as a mom of course!
In the hustle and bustle of our busy lives, it’s so easy to live life in default and get carried along by the tide of have-to’s and should-do’s. Before we know it, our lives are living us instead of the other way around. Life feels just plain outta whack, and work/life balance? Is that even a thing? Jury's still out.
Ready to step off the hamster wheel and start living with intention?
That’s where Anna comes in.
Listen to the podcast, "It's About Time"
Book: Lauren Brody Smith, "The Fifth Trimester" http://www.thefifthtrimester.com/
Time App: Sprout
FOLLOW on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mamasintrainingpod/
WRITE a Review: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/id1474667560?mt=2&ls=1
JOIN our Facebook Community: https://urlgeni.us/facebook/mamasintrainingpod
🎉 Mamas in Training PREMIUM CIRCLE MEMBERSHIP is NOW open for Sign Up!
Click THIS LINK to sign up today and we’ll see you at the end of the month!